Casio Exilim EX-Z70 7.2MP Digital Camera won't work when connecting it to the laptop. Get I/O device error message.

Original title: Casio Exilim EX-Z70 7.2MP Digital Camera won't work on my new laptop. Ive installed the latest driver but still get the message I/O device error

Casio Exilim EX-Z70 7.2MP Digital Camera won't work on my new laptop. Ive installed the latest driver but still get the message I/O device error whenever I try to upload photos.  I have windows 7 and my laptop/notebook is an HP pavilion g series

Hi stellbob,

1. Did you try connecting Casio Exilim EX-Z70 to a different USB port?
2. What is the complete\exact error message that you get?

Try connecting Casio Exilim EX-Z70 to a different computer and check.

Refer the following methods and check:
Method 1:
Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Method 2:
I would recommend you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if the issue persist.
 How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Put the computer to start as mentioned in Step 7 in from the above KB article.
If the issue doesn’t occur when the Computer is in clean boot, then the issue is confirmed to be caused by a non-Microsoft application.

Hope this information helps.
Ravinath P
Forum Moderator - Multiple Forums

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Original title: Casio Exilim EX-Z70 7.2MP Digital Camera won't work on my new laptop. Ive installed the latest driver but still get the message I/O device error

Casio Exilim EX-Z70 7.2MP Digital Camera won't work on my new laptop. Ive installed the latest driver but still get the message I/O device error whenever I try to upload photos.  I have windows 7 and my laptop/notebook is an HP pavilion g series

My camera is the EX-Z75 and it has an IO device error too.  I tried the things suggested and they don't work.  I even tried the casio website - http://support.casio.com/download.php?cid=001&pid=145&rgn=1 - but I can't download new drivers.  Windows won't let me?  Let me re-phrase in someintances I can download, but I absolutely can't install.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much for your response.  I finally went and got a USB / memory card reader and have been using that.  Seems to work okay - at least until I get a new camera.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2023 Views 1,278 Applies to: