Captcha not working with Edge

Just set up a friends laptop with Windows 10.  Fully updated and all looks good.  However they cannot access their webmail account due to Captcha security not working !?!

No longer using Internet Explorer But only Microsoft Edge.  Access webmail from Edge requires Captcha security input but even though verification of input is true it keeps reverting to requirement for a new Captcha input.  Even though each input is true and confirmation of "I'm not a Robot",  mail will not open.  I just get another request for Captcha input.  Cannot go on indefinitely hoping it will work.

Can anyone provide and explanation and a solution.......................

In the meantime, downloaded and installed Google Chrome and whilst this also uses Captcha, it works first time every time. Come on Microsoft !?!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
  2. Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
  3. Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

I request you to try running the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Follow the below link:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

You may disable "SmartScreen Filter" and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click "More Actions" button on the top right corner and then click settings.
  3. Drag the mouse cursor to turn off "Help protect my PC from Malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter".

Note: Your computer may become vulnerable to malware attacks or browser hijacking if you turn off "SmartScreen Filter".

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your response.

I will need to report back later after revisiting friend.  Problem occurred on update to Windows 10; no hardware changes and no error messages.

Semi resolved in that capcha verification should be done first before email address and password inserted or after email inserted but before password.  Failed if email and password input before captcha run

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Running Captcha before inputting details appears to be the answer

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe I have found the answer,i tried and tried to get this to work, I read everything and still it did not work. By chance I pressed the private browser on edge and it worked! I have tried this on multiple sites now with no problems. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way. I certainly hope this works for everyone.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 28,556 Applies to: