Can't Unistall the Discord App

I'm trying to uninstall the "Discord" app from my laptop, currently equipped with Windows 10, and no matter what I try it still seems to be there. Something as simple as uninstalling an app shouldn't take so long or require so much effort and research yet here I am. I can still find the Discord app in my files after "uninstalling" it, but nothing happens if I try to open it. Or if I try running it as Administrator. Absolutely nothing. I've tried going into my settings, into Apps & Features, and uninstalling it there but nothing happens. I've tried going into my files and troubleshooting the problem. I've tried uninstalling it from my files, from the app's icon. Nothing. It's still on my computer. Please help.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some programs can be uninstalled with their own built in uninstallers and Windows Add/remove programs feature as well. Both uninstallers can uninstall the main executable files of the program, but do not remove the other components (files and data) of the application.

Click on Start button (Windows logo) and, look for the application folder name in the list of apps.

Expand it and follow its uninstaller to remove the program.

You can also go to the folder where the application is installed and run the uninstaller.

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\local\Discord\uninstall.

If it does not work, follow the instructions in the link below to remove the app.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

To delete the application data, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

Type %AppData% and hit the enter key.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Open the Run dialog box again and type %LocalAppData%.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

158 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 53,254 Applies to: