Can't uninstall Google Chrome.

I've tried both methods normally used for uninstalling programs. I've started by closing all running programs in task manager. When following the procedure, I receive the message "please close all chrome windows and try again." I cannot find any chrome windows running. If something is running "in the background" I don't know how to find it. 
Hi amyrd

Try using the free Revouninstaller to remove Chrome and restart.

How Do I Completely Uninstall Software On Windows? - groovyPost
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-comple...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Try this steps to try solve your issue:

Open Task Manager and there you may find Google Notifications running in the background.

Terminate them (END TASK) and then try to uninstall chrome, it worked in my case.

NOTE: Other than this you may find some other chrome tasks running in the background.

Usually they would have the Chrome icon but sometimes in the case of Notifications the icon is different.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi amyrd

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc

On the processes tab check for any Chrome processes, though some may not have the Chrome icon, like in the case of Chrome Notifications . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 4,479 Applies to: