Can't Reset PC windows 10

I have been having an issue where I cannot open certain programs because of this error. I have tried multiple fixes and simply none work. It wasn't an issue to me until I couldn't download a game because of it so now I tried fully resetting my pc for a fresh installation. The issue is I simply can't. It says I need a password for my user which was made over 3 years ago that I don't know and it is required to reset my pc. I only use a PIN to sign in and have never needed a password. I can't access the sign in options to change the password. When trying other troubleshoot methods such as resetting with wiping everything, using Services, Command Prompt, or Credential Manager, it either doesn't load, crashes, or gives me this error. I have no access to my PC and have done virtually everything I can think of but I don't know how to fix this. I am willing to lose all my files to fix this issue and would appreciate any help.

Hello, how are you?

I understand that you want to reset your computer, in which case you will need to carry out the process using a Windows installation USB as per the procedure below.

Please check if the procedure below helps to carry out this procedure.

Step 1

Create installation media on this computer or other if necessary.

Follow the guidelines on the link below, please:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Step 2

Configure in your computer's BIOS to start via the USB installation.

***If you have any questions on how to start the USB installation, you can refer to this guide please.
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/bios-uefi-setu...

1. Boot with the Pen Drive;

2. When the installation window appears, click Repair your computer;

3. Click Troubleshooting;

4. Advanced options;

5. Click Restore PC > Choose between "Keep Files" or "Remove All".

----------
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 3,597 Applies to: