Can't reinstall Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

In December I purchased an upgrade for my Dell laptop to Windows 11 Pro from Windows 11 Home. The laptop had to be sent to Dell for repairs and was reset to Home edition. I am unable to reinstall the Pro upgrade. The attached image of the email indicates this came from the store, however the upgrade does not show up under my store library. It does show up under my Microsoft account. I cannot find any mechanism that will allow me to reinstall the upgrade.

Hi Jeff,
My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

I'm very sorry for bad news but seems Dell replaced motherboard in your PC. In this case the upgrade license cannot be used on the new hardware, it is linked to motherboard.
It is sad, but this is Microsoft rules and unfortunately there is no clear announcement during purchase, many peoples just do not note this stipulation.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a picture for Windows 10 only, but it is the same for Windows 11 too.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2022 Views 83 Applies to: