Can't open apps on Nokia X RM 980

A family member gave me his phone to fix it cause it was not working. It's a Nokia X RM-980, Software version: 11.1.1.

Some apps work (Like camera, or internet browser) and some don't. For example, I tried opening the Store, Twitter, Fruit Ninja, and they all give the same error "An error has ocurred, please try again later."

Tried doing a factory reset but it didn't work. Also, it doesn't let me update the phone, it says it is already in the latest version. Is it because the phone is too outdated? Can I do something about this?

Support for these series ended in 2014, Store is closed a long time ago, no wonder various apps do not work either.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Try to install custom on this smartphone. It's very easy and you can install apps from google play. You should install recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery). I prefer TWRP Recovery, because in my opinion the UI is more friendly than ClockworkMod. You can search more information in xda forum for Nokia X.

You had to root your phone and install the recovery and than after installing the recovery you can install new android version and than you should install gapps after installing the ROM. 

You can see other information in this forum about recovery and custom ROMs.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-x

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 9, 2024 Views 301 Applies to: