Can't Open Adobe Digital Editions with Windows 10

Adobe Digital Editions (for Nook) won't open in Windows 10. At least they JUST NOW fixed I can open my Hotmail email account in Windows 10 when I couldn't before. Why won't Adobe Digital Editions open in Windows 10?

Answer
Answer
Windows solutions
Uninstall previous versions of Adobe Digital Editions for Windows

You must have administrator privileges to complete these steps

• Do one of the following, depending on your version of Windows:

• (Windows 7) Choose Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs And Features.
    • (Windows Vista) Choose Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs And Features.
    • (Windows XP) Choose Start > Control Panel, and double-click Add Or Remove Programs.
  1. Select Adobe Digital Editions, and then click the option to remove or uninstall the program.
  2. Restart your computer and reinstall Adobe Digital Editions.
Manually install Adobe Digital Editions for Windows 
  1. Download the installer for Windows by clicking ADE_4_0_Installer.zip as shown below. Then, extract the .zip file.

Note:

Installer downloads to your computer's downloads folder by default. 

2. Double-click the ADE_4.0_Installer.exe file on your desktop to start the installation.

3. When a message appears asking you to trust the publisher, click Run again. You can safely download the Adobe Digital Editions installer from Adobe. 

4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

By the way...Hotmail is being phased out you might want to install Windows Live Mail (part of Windows Essentials) from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/essentials

PS:  If it still won't work (A D E) then download the free Nook app from the Microsoft Store and/or  the Adobe Reader

from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ personally I would uncheck the Google Chrome Spyware Installers that hitch a ride with it but please yourself on that.

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 15,845 Applies to: