Can't mount Drobo-FS NAS on Windows 7 PC

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit PC that is running just fine with all updates.

I am trying to set up a Drobo-FS NAS on my home LAN (all wired to an Ethernet switch) to backup this PC. Simple, right?

Drobo Dashboard app running on my PC connects to Drobo-FS just fine and says its working OK.

Yesterday, I installed the Drobo-FS and was able to get my PC to mount the backup (\\DROBO-FS) (Z:), but today I am asked by Windows Security to Enter Network Password when I try to access that drive. I have tried every password I can think off but none work. I don't recall setting up a "Network Password" either! I can't find a place in Windows to reset or disable this password, either.

Googling this problem just lets me know that lots of people have trouble with attaching NAS drives to Windows 7 PCs and I couldn't find a solution that works.

HELP!

Bill
What if I forgot the administrator password for my Drobo 5N, Drobo FS/ProFS, B800fs, DroboElite or B800i? How do I reset the password?
Answer ID 448   |    Updated 07/20/2015 04:46 PM

WARNING: Do not reset the Drobo. Resetting the Drobo will result in data loss

In order to reset your password:

1. You must know the serial number of your Drobo

2. You must be on Drobo Dashboard 2.6.4 or later

To locate the serial number for your Drobo:

Where can I find the Serial number of my Drobo device ?

To Reset the Password:

Once Drobo Dashboard recognizes your Drobo go to:

Login

Click "Forgot Password"

For Username and Password you must enter in your Drobo Support Account Credentials. If you have not created a Support Account, you can create an account here. You will need to have the serial number and date of purchase.

Once you have created your Support Account, use the same Username & Password in the Drobo Dashboard.

Note: You will notice you cannot change the Username, this defaults to "Admin". Once you have reset your password go to Drobo Settings and enter in a new Username & Password if you choose.

- Source: http://support.drobo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/448/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUxODU5ODU0L3NpZC95cHhBd0RGbQ%3D%3D

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. However... I am having no problem logging into my Drobo FS via the Drobo Dashboard app running on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 PC.

What I can't do is mount the Drobo drive and backup to it.

There is a red X on the drive in Windows

backup (\\DROBO-FS) (Z:)

and a Windows Security dialog box asking me to enter my Network Password.

My question -- WHAT NETWORK PASSWORD? I don't recall setting one up and Googling for an answer has not helped.

Using my Drobo password here does not work.

Help?

Bill

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2024 Views 1,175 Applies to: