Can't login when I create a new user account on Windows 10

1) I had upgraded from 8.1 to Windows 10 (this was done last year)

2) I am able to login with the user that I have. But when I create a new user account and try to login I get the error

"User profile cannot be loaded "

It seems that this issue is because when the upgrade happened the default profile got corrupted. 

I checked some forums were they mention trying and changing some regedit settings but I still could not login with the new user.

Then for the user that I am logged in (he is also an admin) I don't see the ntuser.dat file under the Users> folder. 

Can someone tell me how I can login using the new user that I created.

Thanks

Hi Pinjala,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on. Before you follow the methods given in the suggested article, try restarting your computer and logging on with your user account again to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps given in the article on "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Disclaimer:  Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:  

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well. 

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I restarted my computer and tried logging in with the new user I created. This time it accepts the password and then says signing out and takes me back to the login screen. But I am able to login with the one user I had before the upgrade, who has admin privilege.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pinjala,

Try the steps provided below which will help you to know the account type of the user account on your system.

• Press Windows Key + R.
  • Type Netplwiz and hit Enter.

• You will get the user account window.

• Here you will see two columns user name and group.

• Infront of each user its  account type will show.

For more confirmation you may refer to the screen shot added below.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ramesh,

I tried you suggestions. But when I login with the password it still just comes back to the login screen. 

I think the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 is the issue. How can I re-install the Windows 10 on my machine so that I have clean install? Would like to use that option as that would be a clean install.

Thanks

Ramesh Pinjala

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ramesh Pinjala,

I would suggest you to refer the WIKI article mentioned below and see if it helps you to perform clean install.

How to: Do a clean install of Windows 10

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the link. I did a clean install of Windows and am able to use the standard login user I created. But I have another issue after the clean install. I applied all the updates first but I am not able to do connect to TV or second monitor. It just refuses to detect the second monitor. I updated the drivers and still can't figure out what is the issue. My laptop is HP Envy dv6. Not sure what the issue is here? Would appreciate any information to get this resolved. 

Thanks, 

Ramesh Pinjala

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the links mentioned below and check if that helps:

Project to a screen

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ankit,

Yes I tried exactly as in the link "Project to screen" but it wont connect to the Samsung TV using the HDMI cable from the HP Envy laptop. It seems that the HDMI connection is broken in Windows 10 based on the user feedback on the thread "How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC". 

I can how ever connect to the Samsung TV as a wireless device but not with the HDMI cable. Can you let me know if in Windows 10 the HDMI connection for a second monitor is still an issue ? It seems that when you have a graphics card as well as Intel integrated graphics( which has the HDMI connection ) the is some issue with the driver in Windows 10.

I have another laptop a Dell one still in Windows 7 and I have no issue with that laptop. 

Thanks,

Ramesh

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2023 Views 3,192 Applies to: