Can't Enter Passwords in Windows 10 sign in, Outlook sign in, or password protected Office files

How can I enter passwords to sign in to my computer on Windows 10, my Microsoft Outlook mail account, or MS Office password protected files?  This only started happening this week after more that a year of successfully entering passwords for all of the above.  When it first happened this week there was a "Narrator" voice that came up.  Also, a pop-up box said something about needing to hold down the Caps Lock key while clicking the Space Bar.  I tried this several times and was finally able to get logged on.  Now, it only works intermittently and I have to be very patient to get it to work.  I found out how to turn on the On-screen keyboard using the Setttings page in Windows 10.  I looked at several "answers.microsoft.com" links that talk about holding the Windows Key and pressing the Space bar repeatedly change the keyboard layout; but I can't tell what keyboard layout I have selected or if anything is changing.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi Willy,

Putting a password on the computer will make your contents secure. Here, follow these steps below.

1. Press Windows key, type Settings into the search space and select the same from the list.

2. Click on Accounts and select Sign-in options

3. Go to PIN section, click Add. Confirm your Microsoft account password when it prompt.

4. Then setup desired PIN password as required. But ensure to click Eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) to ensure that the entered PIN is correct and matches.

Below is how you check the current keyboard layout being used by your Windows, and also where you can change it.

1. Open Settings.

2. Select Time & Settings.

3. Then click the language. This should give you the Option button, just click on it.

Your current layout should be displayed as shown below:

Should you need more help, do let us know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2022 Views 792 Applies to: