Can't Enable Memory Integrity on Windows 11?

Hi guys,

I recently wiped my laptop and reinstalled Windows 11, since then I am unable to turn on memory integrity. Windows security keeps showing me a warning for this.

It was working perfectly prior to wiping.

I have checked my BIOS and secure boot, TPM and virtualisation are all enabled. I can't understand why it won't enable. Please see below pictures of the issue:

When I click on "Go to settings" I am faced with this:

It won't let me Dismiss the message either..

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I understand the issue you have, nothing to worry I am here to help, for us to fix the issue, kindly follow the steps from this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.

Bernard
Independent Advisor

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i did a fresh install of Win 11 and i have the same problem in windows defender, the link to delete the defender reg folder doesnt work, wont let me delete the defender folder running as admin, and the other registry step doesnt have an enable for me to change it to a 1.

Note this is a clean fresh win 11 install from the online install so it must be current and there were only a few updates to get after the clean install.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. I reset my PC with the latest downloaded image (22H2) and since then all of the Device Security Features have disappeared. Before the reset, all options were good and enabled and there weren't any missing requirements (TPM, virtualization etc.). Now, there is just the warning that memory integrity is disabled and nothing on the Device Security tab.

I have search and it seems like it has been happening to many other users too. There is an article about it on NeoWin too. The fix that has worked for people is to delete some updates but that only works if the issue appeared after an update was deployed. For new installs (and resets), there is no update to delete.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This appears to be a common problem: everything was working fine until the PC reset. I've seen in other forums that a newer build available through the Windows Insider Program addressed this problem. However, the standard channel build 22621.1105 released on 1/10/2023 didn't fix the error.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the info. very helpful. After trying every trick in book from various forums I'm holding out for an update that will resolve this issue. RA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I re-enabled my Windows Insider account to validate what others posted on reddit. The preview and the beta channels had the same release in the pipeline. Installing it didn't make any difference. The same error in Device Security that Jack-96 posted at the beginning of this thread was reported. But switching to the Dev channel made a pre-release build (25272.rs_prerelease 221216.1237) available. Installing that build fixed the device security error. Now core isolation, security processor, secure boot, and data encryption are all displayed under device security with no errors.

The pre-release build is essentially a new install and it addressed the device security error. So, I tried a new custom install of the latest release 22621.1105 with deletion of the existing disk partitions. The device security is OK now. Not sure why the PC reset threw it off, but a clean OS install works as expected.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same issue. Did a refresh of Windows 11 on 1-23-23 and now I'm getting the same thing you got.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No idea why a reset causes this strange error. But a clean re-install worked for me.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, glad it worked for you I reset and the also tried a clean reinstall...no luck.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you wipe out the partitions? I had to manually add the storage driver for the Dell XPS 9315. But it did work in the end, which leads me to believe that the issue is with Windows drivers or how they are installed during the reset.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 13,804 Applies to: