Can't disable Flick feature in Win 10. The tab is missing.

Hello, I have a Wacom Pro Medium (2016) and Windows 10. I'm trying to disable the Flick feature, becasue with it the Wacom has a lag (for example when working with sliders in Lightroom).

I found the Pen and Touch menu in Control Panel, but somehow it has only the Pen Options tab and the Flick tab is missing. When I click the "Turn flicks on and off" or "Set flicks to performcertain tasks" in Control Panel, I only get the Pen Options tab.

I even tried to set the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Pen\SysEventParameters\FlickMode to 3 (found somewhere 3 is OFF), but it didn't help. Flicks are still on.

What should I do? How do I disable the Flick feature. It's currently on, because I can scroll by flicking up or down and when I try to move a slider in Lightroom it registers the move only after moving the cursor about 30pixels in any direction which is quite frustrating, when I want to move it only few pixels.

Turning off Windows Ink in Wacom settings solves the problem, but then I lose pressure sensitivity in Lightroom and Photoshop :-(.

Thanx, Robert

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2019 Views 4,362 Applies to:
Hello I have found suggest that you can keep windows ink disabled but you will have to create a PSUserConfig.txt file that has these lines in it:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Put the file into appdaa > roaming > adobe > your ps version > photoshop settings

Hope this helps.
Patience is a virtue

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Zackary!

This solved the issue in Photoshop. Just for others to know, name the file just PSUserConfig (without txt), that's what worked for me. And don't put it in the "Photoshop" folder but the "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018" one.

Any ideas how to do the same hack for Lighroom Classic CC?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm, I have no idea what the userconfig settings would be for lightroom. I'd have a look inside the folder for anything named config and try to replicate the hack.
Patience is a virtue

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm Having the same issue but with a different app. Anyone know how to turn off flick in the registry?

Sorry this didn't help.