Can't change the name on my lock screen

I've changed my name on my Microsoft account from my old nickname to my actual name, and it has applied everywhere except for the lock screen. It has my updated name on my Microsoft account page and in my settings, but it will not change on the lock screen. Is there something different to change the lock screen name?

Thank you

Hi Aria,

We would like to inform you that if you use your Microsoft account as your log-in credentials, it will require an Internet connection and will take a while before your username will reflect to your lockscreen. It will opt to load first since it will verify your username and password before you can land into the desktop environment.

Unlike local accounts, your desired username will be reflected immediately, it is also easier to log in since it is a user profile that was saved on your computer and it will load and read it immediately.

In this situation, we suggest that you use your local account on your computer for faster login and to avoid being stuck in black screen and having a delay of reflecting your online username.

In order to create or add another user profile, you will need to use the local Administrator account instead of the online Microsoft account.

There’s a great thread on this link: Microsoft account and a Local account on Windows 10 about their differences and advantages. Look for the post created by Techie007L with mark as answer so you will have an idea to determine which type of account that will be comfortable for you.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 1,972 Applies to: