Can't Activate Windows 10 0xC004C008

I'm not able to activate Windows. I have a legimitate key associated with my Lenovo notebook. I suspect that the issue is that once I activated on a virtual machine on Ubuntu, but now that virtual machine is gone and I'm running a proper installation on Windows and need to activate it. What number can I call to or how can we solve this ? I need the association to that VM that doesn't exist anymore removed and being able to activate it on this proper installation.

Regards.

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Install & upgrade]

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

|

Hi Francisco,

The error0xC004C008 usually occurs when the system detects that a hardware has been replaced or you've already used the product key on another device. To help you resolve the error message you're currently experiencing, I'd recommend that you follow the steps on this link on how to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change. It contains steps on how you'll be able to activate Windows 10 on your new machine.

If the issue persists after following the steps in the article, I'd suggest that you contact Microsoft customer support to help you further diagnose the issue.

Let me know should you have any other concerns.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are using a MS Account to sign-in then run Troubleshoot. It may depend on the type of licence you have.

OEM not transferrable.

Retail is transferrable.

Perhaps try Chat Support of Troubleshoot doesn't work.

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/menu/software/windows/setup/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2020 Views 810 Applies to: