Cannot Uninstall an app, and the MS Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter responded with 'Couldn't identify problem.'

I have encountered a problem with Adobe Acrobat on my computer with Windows 11. [I do not have any problem with Acrobat on my computer that is on Windows 10.] I can open documents via Acrobat such as Word docs and convert them to pdfs, and I can update existing pdf files, but I cannot save the resulting updated docs in any format.

When I click on the 'diskette save' icon or click on File, Save As, Adobe opens a blank window and the only thing I can do is X out of it. So, it seems that my version of Acrobat on that computer is corrupted. So, I tried to uninstall it so I could start anew with it, but when I ran the Uninstall, I received the following error: 1648 "No valid sequence could be found for the set of patchers." Whatever that means.

So, I then attempted to run Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter and it responded with 'Couldn't identify problem'.

I'm stuck. Any suggestions? I'm not highly technical :( I was not sure which Product/Topics I should choose for this.

Hardware and Software:

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 23H2

Installed on ‎7/‎8/‎2023

OS build 22631.3447

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

|
Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat using the free edition of revouninstaller
https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-u...
Find the Adobe Acrobat in the list
Right click it then select Uninstall
Press the Start button to start scanning for leftover folders, files and registry items.
Click Next then Finish

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, John DeV. I did not get very far....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for updating me with that information. Please try reinstalling Adobe Acrobat then uninstall it using revouninstaller.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have further concerns by clicking the "Reply" button below to continue the conversation.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 22 Applies to: