Cannot start computer, get error : lsass.exe - System Error, When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct

Original Title : System Boot error “lsass.exe” is displayed and the computer restarts repeatedly when I try to start Windows XP.

i cant start my pc coz  (lsass.exe)  error code doesnt allow me .....
computer automatically restarts and i cant enter in Safe Mode coz still restarts,i have a Windows Xp SP3
...i dont want to boot coz i have Alpha5 ,and it costed me 1.000 euro
i need help !

Original Title: lsass.exe  error codeWindows (Xp SP3)

Question Info

Last updated November 8, 2018 Views 20,558 Applies to:
Hi,

1. What is the exact display or error message that you receive?
2. Have you made any recent changes to the computer prior to this issue?
3. What is the make and model number of the computer?
4. Is this computer connected to domain based (server- based) network?

Try the steps below to stop the repair loop and check the exact error.

a) Start the computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
b) Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER key.
c) Note: Depends on the manufacturer, starting the Windows Advanced Options vary. It may be F12, F10, etc.
d) Select Disable automatic restart on system failure.
e) Check the exact or complete error message.

Try the methods suggested under the section “Your computer stops responding when you try to start Windows XP” in the article below and check after each method:

Advanced troubleshooting for general startup problems in Windows XP:

Warning for ‘In-place upgrade’: It takes the same amount of time to do the upgrade as to reinstall the operating system. Also, some of your customized Windows settings may be lost through this process. Before you perform an in-place upgrade, you should be prepared for a worst case scenario that results in your existing data on your computer being deleted. This data includes personal data, settings, hardware driver information, and software programs. If a worst case scenario occurs, you may have to reinstall all programs. Make sure that you back up personal data to disks or to other external storage devices before you perform an in-place upgrade.

Disclaimer for ‘Clean boot’: If you have performed “Clean boot”, to disable the third party programs, follow the steps provided in the below article, to set the computer to Normal startup mode.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying Basic Input Output system (BIOS)/Complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Check Disk [Chkdsk] disclaimer.
Important:
While performing chkdsk (Check Disk) on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector. And if any data is available on that sector might be lost.

Important: For more help, contact your computer manufacturer or a Microsoft Product Support Services professional.  Allow only qualified personnel to repair your computer. Computer repair that is performed by non-qualified personnel may nullify your computer's warranty.

Hope it helps.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have about 20 lsass.exe related errors in my notes so you need to tell us exactly what your says.

No ,,, and no paraphrasing - we need the exact message you see.  Remember, we can't see your screen.

I don't think any of those Microsoft engaged Support Engineer "expert" ideas will help you, but you can sure try them if it is your desire.

What you should do is provide the exact error message you see and tell us more about your system:

Since the Microsoft Answers forum implementation does not prompt for any kind of system information when a new question is asked, we know absolutely nothing about your system.  Not knowing fundamental information about a problem prolongs the frustration and agony of resolving these issues.

Thank you MS Answers, for making the resolution of simple problems as frustrating and time consuming as possible.

Please provide additional information about your system as best you can:

What is your system make and model?

What is your XP Version and Service Pack?

Does your system have IDE drives or SATA drives?

Describe your current antivirus and anti malware situation:  McAfee, Symantec, Norton, Spybot, AVG, Avira!, MSE, Panda, Trend Micro, CA, Defender, ZoneAlarm, PC Tools, Comodo, etc.

Was the issue preceded by a power interruption, aborted restart, or improper shutdown?  (this includes plug pulling, power buttons, removing the battery, etc.)

Does the afflicted system have a working CD/DVD drive (internal or external)?

Do you have a genuine bootable XP installation CD that is the same Service Pack as your installed Service Pack (this is not the same as any Recovery CDs that came with your system)?

What do you see (exactly) that you don't think you should be seeing and when do you see it?

If the system used to work properly, what do you think might have changed since the last time it did work properly?

Sorry this didn't help.

this is message

lsass.exe - System Error 
When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct

63 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Ow - that's a tough one and all indications are that you have some registry corruption.

In this case, MS KB307545 is a popular remedy but that depends on if your system came preinstalled from the factory with XP or did you install or ever reinstall your XP?

We need to know if it is an original factory installation of XP or not.

If you click this link, you will see your exact error message listed there and a warning about OEM install version of XP.

Did you go through the Microsoft engaged Support Enginner "expert" ideas?

SInce they are the "experts" you might want to at least get that out of the way first and then when those ideas do not work, see what other ideas they have.  At least you will be able to say you tried their expert ideas

Form the XP Advanced Boot options menu, you might see if:

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

That might work, so do try it.

I may not be the best person to help you with this, so maybe you can get some second opinions from other folks that are probably watching this thread that may have seen and fixed this problem before.

It would help to know more about your system, so I repeat most of the previous questions:

Since the Microsoft Answers forum implementation does not prompt for any kind of system information when a new question is asked, we know absolutely nothing about your system.  Not knowing fundamental information about a problem prolongs the frustration and agony of resolving these issues.

Thank you MS Answers, for making the resolution of simple problems as frustrating and time consuming as possible.

Please provide additional information about your system as best you can:

What is your system make and model?

Does your system have IDE drives or SATA drives?

Describe your current antivirus and anti malware situation:  McAfee, Symantec, Norton, Spybot, AVG, Avira!, MSE, Panda, Trend Micro, CA, Defender, ZoneAlarm, PC Tools, Comodo, etc.

Was the issue preceded by a power interruption, aborted restart, or improper shutdown?  (this includes plug pulling, power buttons, removing the battery, etc.)

Does the afflicted system have a working CD/DVD drive (internal or external)?

Do you have a genuine bootable XP installation CD that is the same Service Pack as your installed Service Pack (this is not the same as any Recovery CDs that came with your system)?

If the system used to work properly, what do you think might have changed since the last time it did work properly?

Sorry this didn't help.

Cant understand please 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.