Cannot login after Factory reset stuck on Other Users page

I recently restored my computer to factory settings. However, on the login page now the only option is "other user" I have tried using my old password and email and it doesn't work. I have tried resetting it and that doesn't work.  Please help. This is so frustrating. I am by no means computer literate to try and trouble shoot anymore on my own. 

Locked out of computer- Original Title

Answer
Answer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Which OS is currently installed or returned to after Factory Settings?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account: 

1. If on Windows 7 press F8 upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
  2. Then access command prompt (admin) and type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
  3. Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

Hope this information helps

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2022 Views 4,063 Applies to: