Cannot Locate Microsoft Visual FoxPro Support Library

I have a new pc that I am setting up for someone in the office. We use a program that (from their sites support information) I have transferred to this new pc. When I try to run the program as I would on any of the other computers (which all run the software without any problems) I get the message that I put as the subject of this question ("Cannot locate Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library."). I have searched for a solution online as well as used the virtual assistant and have had no luck (all posts about this issue are very outdated). I have again contacted the company whose product I am using to see if they have heard of this issue before and have a solution on their end, and I figured I would ask here as well. Please let me know what should be done to fix this issue as all the users in the office require the software that is affected to work. Thanks.

-Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The error that you encountered when running/installing a program on the device may indicate a possible missing or corrupted registry file. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
  • Which program/programs are you trying to install on the device?
  • To ensure that we haven't missed anything, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve the issue?

In addition, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and DISM command to, if not repair, identify the corrupted files causing the error. To do this, follow the steps provided on this Forum Article.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response!

I (as stated) contacted the software's service and was able to find a solution. There were files provided that allow the software to be accessible. Thanks again

-Andrew 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Feel free to post back should you have other concerns.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 7,856 Applies to: