Cannot install HP Photo Creations

I have been attempting to install HP Photo Creations on my new HP Printer.  I run Windows 10.  I receive the error message:  Your System Administrator has blocked this program.  For more information contact your System Administrator.

The download has put an icon on the desktop and if I right click on it and Run as Administrator  I get:  Unable to complete initialisation  Please try reinstalling  Error 800704ec:2

I am then in a loop  I try to uninstall and get:  Cannot uninstall.  You do not have sufficient access to uninstall.  Please contact System Administrator. 

I can only uninstall through Iobit Powerful uninstall but of course when I try again the story is the same.

I have been having on going dialogue with HP (RocetLife) for a week or so and they finally have told me to contact you as it is a Windows problem

I fear it might be something to do with UAC but am vary wary of trying this approach with out detailed help.

Hi Victorious,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

1. Have you logged in using a Microsoft account or a local account?
  2. Do you face the same issue with other programs as well? 

Try to sign out of the account and check. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.  

Try to download it again and then try to install it. 

HP Photo Creations:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/print-projects/photo-creations.html

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.      

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for coming back

I have done the re-install with the same issues and no I have never had this problem at all in any Windows from  95 upwards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hallo

Are there any more ideas forthcoming of how I can overcome this problem please. I look forward to your help  Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good morning

Thanks for email requesting a reply.  I cannot understand that as I have posted twice saying the suggested solution did not work and asked for more help which has not been forthcoming

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 2,580 Applies to: