Cannot install HEIC image extensions

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the HEIC image extensions to install to my PC.  On selecting this app from the Microsoft store, I clicked on the Install button, and selected the two PCs I want to install them on.  Nothing happens.  The Install button is now greyed out but it hasn't been installed to my PC (it is not listed in the Apps installed under Settings.  WHy is this not working?

Hi Michael
I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Please try these options one by one and check after each option.

1. Log out of Microsoft Store and log in again.

2. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to the bottom > Click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter

3. Reset Windows Store through Command Prompt
Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

4. Re-register All Store apps (You will get many Reds, ignore them)
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. Uninstall & Reinstall Store
Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

6. Run Built-in & Guided Walk through Windows Update troubleshooter
Built-in : Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Click Windows Update > Click Run the Troubleshooter

Guided Walk though - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...

7. Check your Antivirus
Temporarily uninstall / disable AV

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Source - https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b8f36cad-9...
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Try logging out of MS store account & logging in again - this usually fixes the greyed out install button.
Virginia - Time Lady.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 3,128 Applies to: