Cannot create serial port over bluetooth link windows 10

Hello!

I'm trying exactly the same as THIS

(click), but after i click add outgoing COM, i cannot see my phone (lenovo vibe p1), which is paired with PC. I would like to create serial port over that connection, and send AT commands to device.

Thank you for any advices!

Regards,

Jess.

after i click add outgoing COM, i cannot see my phone (lenovo vibe p1), which is paired with PC.

Are you sure you need to do that?  E.g. if you are paired see if you can just do it more simply via right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the Taskbar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Robert and thanks for answer.

Yes iam sure, i want to connect to that way created COM in C# code and send AT command's for sending SMS.

I tried to create virtual com port aswell. Didnt work neither.

In this post is described why CLICK. Anyway i tried it on win 7 VM and it didnt work neither.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, we need to find a path through the new stuff to the old stuff.   Right-click on the Bluetooth Taskbar button for Open Settings goes to the new stuff; then click on More Bluetooth Options goes to the old stuff.  In fact, in my case it opens on the exact tab that your video shows.  I happen to have both an Out-going and an In-coming COMM port for my (ancient) cellphone but have no idea what I might try to do with them.  Any hints?  So far sending files has been the extent of my Bluetooth repertoire and as I indicated I have only used the UI to do that.

Otherwise for a guess, looking at the other tabs--I only have Options, COMM ports and Hardware--I would try checking in Options  Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC  and then in the Hardware tab for this cellphone.  I'm guessing when you say you "cannot see" it, its only in the Browse... Select Bluetooth devices list that it's missing?  Then in your phone's configuration are you allowing it to be seen (e.g. analogous to the above option)?  And does it have the capability that you are expecting of it?  My phone is charging right now but maybe I will get some more ideas when I have checked its capabilities.   FWIW meanwhile I just checked with my Surface RT and it was not in the list but I don't think it has this capability so that makes sense.  So, that's another thing I could try I suppose--trying to figure out if I could give it that capability.  It does have BTPAN but that doesn't show up this way.  Of course not, that would be consistent!

Here's something.  Via Control Panel, Devices and Printers.  Right-click the phone item and choose Services.  That mentions the Serial Port 0 but only the one COMM port which is Incoming?  (And that is apparently given to Dial Up Networking (DUN) too somehow.)   Maybe those are just static labels that don't get updated to reflect the current status?  Who knows?  This BT stuff makes the "Twisty passages, all different" of Windows 10, seem like perfectly understandable and clearly marked expressways!   ; }

HTH

Robert
---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2024 Views 9,071 Applies to: