Cannot boot into windows 10 - inaccessible boot device

Hello. I am running Windows 10 in a virtual machine on my QNAP NAS. Today I got stuck in a loop with the error "Inaccessible Boot Device"

Startup repair is not able to help and any sort of advanced troubleshooting is asking for my password. I verified that my password is correct but I keep getting a message that it is not. I changed my password and still I cannot advance the process.

Any ideas?

Hi ORGET0RIX

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Try using any old password you may have used on that PC, in the recovery environment to see if that works, it sometimes does.

Id that odes not allow you to use the recovery options, you will need to create a bootable Windows 10 USB on another working PC and boot your PC from that, then rather than installing Windows 10, select ‘Repair this Computer’ that will give you access to the Recovery Environment from there

In the recovery environment on the USB drive, you will not be be blocked by a password.

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS)

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2023 Views 67 Applies to: