Can I uninstall all these Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributions?

I am running low on space on my laptop's hard drive and I decided to uninstall some programs which I deemed unnecessary. While scrolling through the list of programs I came across a plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributions ranging from the year 2005 all the way to 2015-2019. Although they don't accumulate to much space, I would still like to uninstall if possible. However, I am a little hesitant to uninstall at the moment. So will I face any repercussions if I chose to uninstall all of these redistributions?

NOTE: I do program, but not in C++ and do not plan on getting into it any time soon. 

Hi Harish

Please do not uninstall any of those C++ Redistributable packages, every one of those are required on your PC

When a software developer writes software, they target a specific version of the C++ Redistributable, then when you install that software, that version of the re-distributable is also installed

So, if you delete one of those, what ever software relies on that version will stop working . . .

If you need to clear more space on your hard drive:

File Explorer is useless when it comes to working out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

Click the link below to download a small free utility called Treesize. Using that tool, you will instantly see where this space is being used - please Note, you must right click that program and choose 'Run as Administrator' . . .

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Please provide a screenshot of your hard drive in that TreeSize utility for further analysis . . .

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

214 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 85,298 Applies to: