Can I get windows 8 network side bar to windows 10 ?

* Original Title: Network Side bar

Can I get windows 8 network side bar to windows 10 ? (it available on windows 10 log in screen )

Hello Pavith,

>>>>>>windows 8 network side bar<<<<<<

I'm a little confused by this wording. 

Windows Vista and Windows 7 had a gadgets sidebar.  You could pick from a variety of different gadgets, like weather, clocks, notepads, calendar, etc.  The gadgets sidebar was discontinued after Windows 7 and Vista.

Windows 8 and 8.1 had the Charms bar.  You point the cursor to the upper right hand corner and the Charms bar opens with a search feature, sharing, devices and Settings.  If you have a touch screen, you could swipe in from the right to open it.

Do you know when you click one time on your network icon, it opens with a list of networks so you can connect to Wifi?  Some folks call that the Network Sidebar.  That feature still exists on Windows 10.

Windows 10 has the Action Center.  Swipe in from the right or click on the Notifications Icon to open it.  Try this link.  It has information about the Action Center, animated even.....

https://www.bing.com/search?q=%22windows+10%22+action+center&go=Submit+Query&qs=ds&form=QBRE

Does that help you?

Brenda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

oh sorry for that. its charms bar. thank for answer. but i want control cellular connections like windows 8 / 8.1 . i can do it in log on screen. can i use it after log on?. (when i click cellular connection on windows 10 it open settings window ) 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

>>>>>>>but i want control cellular connections like windows 8 / 8.1<<<<<<<<

You could have referred to this problem in your original post.  You still don't say what you want to do with the Cellular connection.  Disable it and run the computer on WiFi instead?   

You have to tell the computer which connection you want to use.  Does the Action Center open?  If so, Swipe in from the right or click on the Notification Icon to open the Action Center.  Then click on All Settings.  Refer to this webpage for more instructions.  If you are not seeing your cellular settings, this will help.

http://www.howto-connect.com/fix-cellular-missing-from-network-internet-in-windows-10/  

Brenda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No. I mean get this network charm back. because it available at windows 10 log on screen. it can quick control networks 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Right Click on your Taskbar and select Properties.  Then click on the customize button.  The Notifications settings open.  Click on "Select which icons appear on the taskbar."  The window looks like this,

Turn on your Network Icon on that window.

Does that work for you?

Brenda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2023 Views 70 Applies to: