Can I delete the recovery partition created as a result of upgrading to Windows 10?

Hi,

I upgraded 3 laptops in my household to Windows 10. I noticed that on two of them (Helix 1st Gen and Yoga 2 11) a new recovery partition of about 500MB was created after the C drive (OS drive) as a result of the upgrade. It wasn't created on my 3rd laptop. I'm wondering what's the function of this partition and if I can safely delete it.

As I read here that Windows 10 no longer uses recovery partition:

The picture below shows the partition table of the Lenovo Helix: 5 is the new partition created after the upgrade, while  7 is one that came with the laptop.

Here is a picture for Yoga 2 11: in this case 6 is the partition created after Windows 10 upgrade.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Recovery partition is the partition provide by your system manufactures to repair your computer. In case of your computer has boot problems.

I suggest you to not touch the partition.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! However, as I stated, the new partition (for example, partition 5 in the screenshot for Lenovo Helix) was created as a result of upgrading to Windows 10. In addition, I still have the manufacture provided (therefore a total of 2) recovery partitions (partition 7 for Helix). Please take a look at the screenshots and related text in my original post. Apparently the new partition was created by downsizing the C drive, so it's between C and D drives now; while the manufacture recovery is at the very end of the entire hard disk.

Peng

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 7, 2022 Views 469 Applies to: