Can I automatically have full permissions granted when any file or folder is created, such as zip files, so I don't have to change permissions every single time?

Can I automatically have full permissions granted to my account when any file or folder is created, such as zip files, so I don't have to change permissions every single time?

Greetings, Spyder! My name is Arif, and I will assist you today.

I hope I understand your concern well if not please let me know, You can set permissions for newly created files and folders in Windows 11. To do this, right-click on the folder, choose "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, click "Edit," add "Everyone," grant them "Full Control," and then click "Apply" and "OK."

For additional information, please refer to the email below, which may be helpful for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NDksUGCrMw&...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Warm Regards,
Arif

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I already have to change permissions every time I create a zip file on any drive under any folder. I want full permissions to be granted automatically for future files, so I don't have to ever change permissions again. I don't understand why I, the owner of the computer, do not have full permissions to a file when I create the file.

Greetings, Spyder! My name is Arif, and I will assist you today.

I hope I understand your concern well if not please let me know, You can set permissions for newly created files and folders in Windows 11. To do this, right-click on the folder, choose "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, click "Edit," add "Everyone," grant them "Full Control," and then click "Apply" and "OK."

For additional information, please refer to the email below, which may be helpful for you:

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Warm Regards,
Arif

Miles to go before I sleep....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Spyder95,

Thank you for your prompt response!

Regarding the files and folders where you are encountering the admin user approval request, could you specify the exact locations where this is happening? Have you observed this behavior across different locations, or is it consistent across all locations?

Additionally, if you have multiple user profiles or if it's feasible, you may consider creating a test user profile to check if the same issue occurs there.
Warm Regards,
Arif

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I create a new compressed (zip) file anywhere, different disks, different folders, I can't add to it or delete it until I change the permissions.

Miles to go before I sleep....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 573 Applies to: