Camera Is not Working Properly

I just updated my Lenovo with Windows 10. I hosted a Zoom meeting and all I can see is this with the camera on. The same thing happens with my Camera App. Help please!

Hello BethanyRenaud,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with your laptop camera. What is the model of your Lenovo laptop?

Some laptops have a privacy switch or a camera shutter key that can be used to turn off your webcam and prevent it from being used.

Camera Privacy Switch located at the right side of the laptop

Camera Shutter Key located on the keyboard

Please try to press FN+F6 or CTRL+F8, F10. or try other F key combinations.

Give your apps permission
If you recently updated Windows 10, you might need to give apps permission to use the camera. In newer versions of Windows 10, some apps don’t have default access to the camera.

To let apps access the camera, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Camera. Then turn on Allow access to camera on this device.

Please try to check this support article if it helps.
https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowledge-base/...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 59 Applies to: