Camera Driver for Windows 10

I have a Asus TX300 laptop that comes with 2 cameras, 1 front, 1 back. Somehow Windows 10 is only able to deter the back camera. I am trying to enable both cameras, i.e. having the option to use either.

Tried going into device manager to rescan for new device/hardware, the front camera does not show up. Tried uninstalling the back camera also, but after the hardware rescan, still only the back camera turns up. Rollback driver option is not available to me.

Tried Asus websites but drivers only available up to win 8.1/

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Hi there lingwzj , I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

Can you remember if the PC went to an update recently?
If there is no available driver from the support website I recommend running System restore.
This will reverse the recent software change whether its a driver or an update install.

Here is how to do it.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results
In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.
Select Recovery > Open System Restore.
In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.
Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

Notes
If you don’t see the restore point that you want to use, select the Show more restore points check box to see more restore points.
If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. Here’s how to check:
In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results.
In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.
Select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and see if the Turn on system protection option is selected.
If the Turn on system protection option is not selected, system protection isn’t turned on and there aren't any restore points. In this scenario, you won't be able to recovery your PC using a system restore point and will need to use one of the other recovery options listed on this page.
If the Turn on system protection option is selected, continue with step 6.
You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

Source - https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi FerdinandNanalig,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, the laptop has gone through multiple system updates. I actually don't know when the front camera stop working, as i hardly use it. Hence the preference is not to do a system restore.

I went to device manager again and did a show hidden devices, and i found the front camera device does exist, but it is grayed out.

And went i looked at the properties, it says hardware device not connected. Tried driver update, but it says i have the latest, and rollback driver option is not available.

Thanks!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Easy Camera is not working on my Lenovo Yoga.

I went thru all the trouble shooting steps then finally deleted the driver.

Then the Camera Device diasappeared from the device list.

I restarted but that did not help either.

Will really appreaciate you help here. :))

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi can you please try comparing the driver details for both webcam driver and see if something is missing from there. Please send a screenshot. Go back to the Device manager right click the camera driver and then click on properties click on driver details. here is a screenshot of mine. I am also using Asus laptop and this is the driver details for my front camera (I only a front camera)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

both cameras have the same driver details, and are the same with yours.

Rear Camera (Working)

Front Camera (Not Working)

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Not working Camera try to Uninstall it and reboot. see if that works

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried that also. Uninstalled the device, tried to do a scan for hardware changes, and let the device reinstall itself, but the device did not even show up, even after i selected "show hidden devices".

After a reboot, then the device show up after i selected "show hidden devices".

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I cannot find any helpful way to get this fixed without doing system restore.
I will check with other Experts here see if they have any solutions we can do to get this done.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 4,431 Applies to: