Calendar widget not visible when searching for a date

When I open a Windows Explorer and use the search box in the top-right corner to make a search for a date, I don't see anymore the calendar widget appearing below the search box to select a range of dates. In the past it was working.

I use Windows 10 1909 (18363.535) 64-bit, French.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. I am Paulo, a Community advisor. Let me assist you with as much as I can.

In 1909, it was removed unfortunately and the only way is to type the date range. For example datemodified: 01/01/2019 .. 02/02/2019. If you'd like to roll back to previous build, you can do so if 10 days hasn't pass yet as it is still working in 1903. You could refer to this link as others with same issue created a feedback so you can also up vote for Microsoft to notice the problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this answers your concern.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply!

You write "In 1909, it was removed unfortunately". Is there any hope it will come back in a future release? The Search function was already not a lot user-friendly, as people needed to know the right keywords in order to do a specialized search, instead of having a simple GUI with the most useful file properties.

(Yes, the ribbon shows some options, but they are hard-coded like "yesterday", "this month" (for modification date), "very small", "small" (for size). Moreover these options appeared only after a first search has been done, which could prove very long as it is not yet filtered).

Joël

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I understand and I would also love the previous feature to come back as it was very handy and user friendly. As I mentioned, other users in the link I gave has created a feedback on where you could up vote so it will be noticed and hopefully Microsoft restore it in future updates. For now, let's just bear with using the format i gave (datemodified:01/01/2019 .. 02/02/2019) when searching. I know it's not as easy as how the calendar popup works but it functions the same way.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The widget is not visible. But typing " datemodified: 1.10.2019 " opened file from that date. I would like the widget though.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

THIS SUCKS - A NEW LOW FOR MS OMG!

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

THIS SUCKS - A NEW LOW FOR MS OMG!
I agree, help me understand the thought process for removing simple very productive features from an operating system that is supposed to assist people in being more productive. Makes no sense! Why not just make these things user options instead of removing them completely.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the quick reply!

You write "In 1909, it was removed unfortunately". Is there any hope it will come back in a future release? The Search function was already not a lot user-friendly, as people needed to know the right keywords in order to do a specialized search, instead of having a simple GUI with the most useful file properties.

(Yes, the ribbon shows some options, but they are hard-coded like "yesterday", "this month" (for modification date), "very small", "small" (for size). Moreover these options appeared only after a first search has been done, which could prove very long as it is not yet filtered).

Joël

This is utterly ridiculous. 
Why on Earth would Microsoft remove such a necessary feature?!

PLT

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

June 2020 and still not working for me.  I wish I could say this is amazing, but over the past few years, since being forced to accept Windows 10, I've been repeatedly amazed at Microsoft's decision-making on features.  Stop trying to make it clever and just make it work.  Every week I see articles about an update bricking PCs or removing functionality (like this calendar removal thing), but at the same time Microsoft is announcing zany new icons or some other completely useless nonsense.  We lost Office Picture Manager but they gave (forced on us) Paint 3D.  If something works, run with it and don't dumb it down.  Businesses and people who still use PCs to do actual work instead of posting pictures of their food need Windows and Office apps to be useful.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has Steve Ballmer came back to Microsoft. Microsoft seems to breaking more and more of their products with every release.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm curious about this as well.  I have a few users that don't see the calendar widget at all when trying to search within different applications.

Some of the users see it and some don't.  What controls this?  Is it a Group Policy or Setting within Windows?

Thanks!

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 31, 2021 Views 4,069 Applies to: