cabinet.dll

I play games from steam on my pc.... I was downloading a game called CS:GO and when it finished It wouldn't let me install it and this was due to a file called cabinet.dll this file says that either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error well I done a lot of thing trying to fix this problem and I can not fix it so I have tried to contact you can hope that you can fix it.

thanks for reading from jack

Hi Jack,

This may be caused by a missing or corrupted Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file. These files are necessary for running most of the programs in Windows 10. By fixing the underlying cause of the error, we may be able resolve the issue.

Let us use a utility tool, System File Checker to scan for corruptions and run repairs in Windows 10. Please follow the steps provided in the article.

Another method of addressing the issue is to run the System Update Readiness tool (DISM). This tool is use to detect incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data. It may also replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Troubleshooting steps are provided in the resolution.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 2,535 Applies to: