Bypass the Logon screen in Windows 10 ver 2004

Since the inception of Win 10 ver 2004 there has been an item changed that no longer allows the Logon screen to be bypassed. In earlier version one could go do this:

Press Windows key + R to open Run.
Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter.
Select the User account you are using under the User tab.
Check by clicking "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on Apply.

That no longer works.

Now however that line"Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and checkbox is no longer there. Also in "Settings>Accounts>Sign in options ..there is no longer a choice there that allows bypassing the logon screen.

There was also a change that could be made in policy section that would accomplish this. That also no longer works.

I would like to know if there is a NEW way to accomplish this.  I don't care if there may be some method for the OS to automatically put my password in and go through the logon screen. How can I accomplish this in Version 2004?  Thank You!

Answer
Answer
Hello Bladerunner54,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you want to Sign-in automatically at Startup.

Please check this article if it helps.
How to Automatically Sign in to User Account at Startup in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3539-sign-u...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2022 Views 2,442 Applies to: