BUG in feature update to windows 10 version 1909 via enablement package (KB4517245)

Hello, I’ve tested in two different machines and confirmed that after the “feature update to windows 10 version 1909 via enablement package (KB4517245)” it’s no longer possible to copy-paste to the search box present in folders (upper right corner) using the mouse, the right click is completely disabled.

For now I’ve removed the (KB4517245)…

I have the KB4524570 CU Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.476 the problem only happens after the installation of the (KB4517245). With the build 18362.476 everything works perfect.

This has to be a windows bug.

Please help.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2019 Views 3,170 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi person,

I'm Roshan V S, Independent advisor and a Windows user like you.

Currently microsoft is unaware of any issues with this update. I suggest you to open the feedback hub by pressing Win+F, and report this problem for the recognition of microsoft developers.

Regards

Roshan V S
Independent Advisor

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually sometimes search box is getting totally stuck. In windows explorer (folders of window explorer process), it's not clickable at all, neither right click nor left click works, until you force restart windows explorer. That fixes it for a while, until it gets stuck again...

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having the same problem when I was using the update (KB4517245), when I clicked in the search box, I had to wait for a abnormally large amount of time before the search box unfreeze and the cursor appeared, the right click never worked for me, not even a single time when I was using the 1909 build 18363.476… However, after uninstalling that update (if you can call it that) and start using again the 1903 build 18362.476 everything is fine again.

Also, with this new update the user needs to press enter or click in the arrow to start the search, this is a new futile and extra work for no reason, before this update the search was automatic, and started as soon as the user stopped writing.

I want to update windows to the latest version but foremost I need a working and functional Windows.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Exact same issue here and windows build. Windows file explorer is a mess. Even here in this window, I can't cut/paste/move a single thing

Steven

PS: This has happened before in another build and the Microsoft people had no clue or way to fix. There ONLY option was to wipe-out the current OS and start over....support people suck!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the identical issue. Ctrl+F hangs for a few seconds as well before actually being able to input text. The same goes for searching in Control Panel. It is extremely frustrating!

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here-it's appears to be a bug!

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It's bad PC resources usage of new windows search UI

·

Sorry this didn't help.

We have the same issue here with a few users. One of them the issue seems to be when you click File - Open in an application and then go to use the search in the top right of the find file window. The top right search in a normal explorer window is the main issue for another person. Either way something is not right with the top right search in File Explorer.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having the same problem when I was using the update (KB4517245), when I clicked in the search box, I had to wait for a abnormally large amount of time before the search box unfreeze and the cursor appeared, the right click never worked for me, not even a single time when I was using the 1909 build 18363.476… However, after uninstalling that update (if you can call it that) and start using again the 1903 build 18362.476 everything is fine again.

Also, with this new update the user needs to press enter or click in the arrow to start the search, this is a new futile and extra work for no reason, before this update the search was automatic, and started as soon as the user stopped writing.

I want to update windows to the latest version but foremost I need a working and functional Windows.

Yes with all these issues. I'll assume windows support people will not have any fixes and yes, go back to 1903 or fresh install of either 1903 or try 1909 again may be only fix. A work around for this file explorer problem may be not as important to me personally as it might of been a couple of years ago. But I'll try to minimize this and will not let this get to me as absolutely nothing created by humans is every perfect...sometimes just workable is the best you can hope for. Note: currently have 12 Window10 systems I care for and this type of stuff is still maddening.

I have no other fixes for this problem except to reinstall windows.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here...

Sorry this didn't help.