BUG: Can't recover Skype account and can't delete UNKNOWN Skype contacts from my Microsoft account

I have about 100 contacts linked to my Microsoft account (as shown on people.live.com) who aren't mine and I can't figure out a way to delete them. My whole Windows 10 calendar is filled with random birthdays of people I have no clue who they are. It looks like they are Skype contacts, but when I try to recover the Skype account linked with my Microsoft account, Skype denies it and tells me they can't verify it's me. I've tried contacting both Microsoft & Skype via phone and no one understands the issue. I've been told my Microsoft account isn't linked with any Skype account, but it clearly is, as you can see in this cropped screenshot (I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE):

I don't know ANY of these people. I've been told I have to "recover" my Skype, but I've tried MULTIPLE times and Skype always denies that I own the account. I'm guessing the Skype account was hacked. I don't even care about recovering my old Skype account, but I don't want random people's birthdays on my Windows 10 Calendar, for example!

Hi,  

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This post better suits to the Skype Community. So I would suggest you to post your query in the Skype Community Forums and check.

Please refer to this link:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-Community/ct-p/English

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've already tried. Skype won't do anything because they don't think it's my account even though it's tied to my Microsoft account. I don't see why this can't be fixed by Microsoft as it's obviously an issue with the Microsoft account and not Skype.

Can someone from Microsoft please help? I don't want to have to create a new Microsoft account, but I don't want to see 100+ unknown people in my contact list that I can't remove.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same thing happen to a couple of accounts.  However, I don't have accounts that aren't mine, I just lost 90% of the accounts that I had in my contact list. 

Just shaking my head... looking at other IM/Video chat software....

Randy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2018 Views 125 Applies to: