Question

Q: BSOD's out of nowhere BCCode: 1000007e

A few weeks ago my PC began giving me BSOD's. I haven't installed any new hardware for about 6 months.(not sure if that's relevant but I'm throwing it in)My PC isn't making any strange sounds of any kind. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic tool and found no issues there. I tried booting with one stick of RAM at a time(since I have two)and found no issues with either stick. Could just be bad luck but I wasn't having any issues until I upgraded to Windows 8.1. Not saying the upgrade does or doesn't have anything to do with it, but the timing is questionable. Even after reinstalling 7, the BSOD's and crashing continues. I sent my GTX 770 for RMA with EVGA recently. So I can now rule the GTX 770 and maybe the RAM out?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pklakfn7b4gxauy/082014-5210-01.dmp

You can download the dmp there for more information. Whatever helps someone help me is greatly appreciated.

The error points to the cthda.sys:

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x7E_cthda+ebe8

The cthda.sys, which is dated May 22, 2013, appears to be a Sound Blaster driver.

Can you uninstall and then reinstall the Sound Blaster driver using the latest version?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

The error points to the cthda.sys:

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x7E_cthda+ebe8

The cthda.sys, which is dated May 22, 2013, appears to be a Sound Blaster driver.

Can you uninstall and then reinstall the Sound Blaster driver using the latest version?

I've done this. I'll post an update if there are anymore BSOD's.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, thanks for the follow-up.

Thought this was interesting...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-update-patch-bsod-0x50-stop-error,27481.html

Sorry this didn't help.

That particular update issue relates to fonts and I don't believe would be related to the error you were experiencing. 

Sorry this didn't help.

A few weeks ago my PC began giving me BSOD's. I haven't installed any new hardware for about 6 months.(not sure if that's relevant but I'm throwing it in)My PC isn't making any strange sounds of any kind. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic tool and found no issues there. I tried booting with one stick of RAM at a time(since I have two)and found no issues with either stick. Could just be bad luck but I wasn't having any issues until I upgraded to Windows 8.1. Not saying the upgrade does or doesn't have anything to do with it, but the timing is questionable. Even after reinstalling 7, the BSOD's and crashing continues. I sent my GTX 770 for RMA with EVGA recently. So I can now rule the GTX 770 and maybe the RAM out?

You can download the dmp there for more information. Whatever helps someone help me is greatly appreciated.

I had this same problem. 

Solution. Modify group policy. 

Run gpedit.msc from run command

Navigate to computer configuration-->administrative templates--->network-->background intelligent transfer services. 

On the right, double click on limit the number of bit jobs for each user. Enable it and then change the value from 60 to 120. 

Press ok and close outvof group policy editor. From the command prompt run this: gpupdate /force

Try to reinstall. Worked for me.

T

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this same problem. 

Solution. Modify group policy. 

Run gpedit.msc from run command

Navigate to computer configuration-->administrative templates--->network-->background intelligent transfer services. 

On the right, double click on limit the number of bit jobs for each user. Enable it and then change the value from 60 to 120. 

Press ok and close outvof group policy editor. From the command prompt run this: gpupdate /force

Try to reinstall. Worked for me.

T

Followed your steps and appreciated the thoroughness in explanation. Unfortunately when I retried to install there was still a problem. Not certain if it will keep giving a BSOD but hopefully now this will fix things. Appreciate it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 931 Last updated: December 30, 2017 Applies to: