BSOD boot loop Autorepair not working

Hello! This is my personal computer and I need this for school.

Here is the problem: I turn on my computer and after the windows logo pops up while booting I get a GreenSOD stating "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". Then my pc restarts and after "Preparing Automatic Repair" I get a BSOD stating "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". My pc repeats this continuously.

Here is a summary of what changes I have made to my computer and a strange bug previous to the crash:

I get an Oculus and find out that if I have all of the USB's plugged in plus my original gaming mouse/keyboard/mouse pad then I cannot access my main home internet but I can still connect to my phones hotspot.

I replaced my wifi card a few days ago but this did not solve the problem. But it has Bluetooth included so that was a plus. (MY PC IS CUSTOM BUILT WHICH MAY OPEN SOME OTHER POSSIBILITIES)

What happened right before the crash:

I was switching around some of my usb ports since I had them all in slots I didn't want them to be in like a usb 3.0 into a 2.0. I plug in my usb that is an extender which currently has my calculator charging on it into my computer. Fatal mistake since my computer then starts to play the sound that plays whenever you plug in a device into your computer but then my pc did that thing where it keeps making a section of that noise and it would not stopessentially freezing during the noise. I turned off my pc and when I turned it back on that happened.

What I have tried:

1. Unplugging my ram, graphics card, and network card separately and trying a boot after the change. (I have NOT tried to unplug any of my drives but I am willing if you think it is necessary)
  2. Taking out mobo battery and putting it back in
  3. Unplugging all things externally connected to my pc

4. Startup windows using a usb and tried these options available to me and each one came up unsuccessful:System Restore

Startup Repair

Go back to previous build

Many many commands in cmd prompt but I am willing to try more

Thank you to anyone who attempts to fix this problem and goodluck

Hello thejordan317,

Usually, this happens when there is a corrupted driver, corrupted system files, or a hardware issue. Our best option is to download the Media Creation Tool and create an installation media and save it to a USB flash drive so that we can fix the Master Boot Record. For more information on how to create an installation media, look for Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC on the said website.

Once you have the installation media in a USB drive, just follow these steps:

1. Insert the USB or flash drive to your PC and restart.
  2. The Windows Setup screen will pop up, select and click on Next.
  3. Choose Repair your computer.
  4. Select Troubleshoot.
  5. Click on Advanced options.
  6. Then hit Command Prompt and paste the following and hit Enter on each command:
    • bootrec /scanos
    • bootrec /fixMBR
    • bootrec /fixBoot
    • bootrec /rebuildBCD
  7. Restart PC and check if there are any changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I already have a USB with windows so that is nice.

• bootrec /scanos = Scan was successful. Identified 0 Windows installations. Operation successful
  • bootrec /fixMBR = Successful
  • bootrec /fixBoot = Successful
  • bootrec /rebuildBCD = Scan was successful. Identified 0 Windows installations. Operation successful

And this did not fix anything. Any other ideas?

Edit: I installed windows on my other drive (an HDD) just in case my SSD failed but I have access to all of the folders on my ssd so it does not seem corrupt. Very confused!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the feedback. Since bootrec did not work, I would suggest that you perform a custom install on your machine to isolate the issue. You can refer to this Forum Article created by Andre Da Costa on how to perform a custom install.

Let us know the outcome.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 14, 2021 Views 536 Applies to: