BSOD appears with error STOP:0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x84eb8770, 0x84eb88e4, 0x805fa7a8)

My computer suddenly crashed in middle of use. The Blue Screen Of Death appeared on the restart and reseted immediately the computer, not giving me a chance to read the BSOD. So I decided to reinstall Windows XP.

On first CD boot the BSOD appeared. I pressed the reset button and on second CD boot I could make the installation. After files finish copying on the hard drive and the auto-restart, the BSOD appeared again.

Here is the error:

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf7c53524, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I fixed that error by changing the memory of port.

Now the installation of Windows XP start, but during the installation progress, another BSOD appears.

This is the new error:

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x84eb8770, 0x84eb88e4, 0x805fa7a8)

Beginning dump of physical memory

What does it means? What's wrong? What should I do?

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2019 Views 16,212 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi RDP9,

·        Who is the manufacturer of your computer?

There are many reasons why your system may crash due to these stop errors\Blue screens. The most common scenarios are: Faulty drivers, Hardware issue (especially RAM).

Method 1: Since the Blue Screen is now appearing during the installation, it could possibly be the memory (RAM) or the hard disk. Replace the current memory stick with a different one (if available) and check to see if it makes any difference.

Verify that the system firmware and disk controller BIOS settings are correct and that the storage device was properly installed.

Method 2: The problem might be due to unsupported disk controller hardware. Check to see if the BIOS (Basic Input\Output System) is set to IDE. Enter BIOS and check for the settings. Change the option from SATA to IDE (if available). You may want to refer to the manual to do the same.

Note: Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

Method 3: Disconnect any external device from the computer except for the keyboard and mouse and check if it helps.

Regards,

Syed N – Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.