Brother Laser printer does not work on PC updated from Windows 7.1 to Windows 10

I have two PCs that I updated to Windows 10.  One was running Windows 8, the other Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have two Brother Laser printers; model HL-2170W and HL-L:2380DW.  The situation that I have is the following:

1) The PC updated from Windows 8, can print to the both the Brother laser printers with no problem.  This is what the printer properties look like:

2) The PC that I updated from Windows 7 is not able to print.  When adding in the printers, the add operation sometimes completes and when I try to print a test page an error message appears about the Print Queue is full. I have tried deleting the printers, the drivers, and even used regedit with no success.  For the HL-L2380DW, this PC will allow me to initiated a scan operation but not a print operation.  The printer troubleshooter does not fix any issue.  I have also updated the FW on the laser printer as well.  Any ideas?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.
We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to refer to this link as well

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printing-problem-windows-10/a93b7be5-8203-4c4e-b9c2-2bc4d242416c

Download all the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer. 

I found a link for you: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

You may check in Compatible mode:

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.         

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

3. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

I hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 14, 2023 Views 551 Applies to: