Broadband Dialup Connection hangs/freezes

Hi everyone,

I am from india I use Lynksys AM300 modem/router to connect to internet through USB cable, I use Bridged Mode Only setting in modem, and connect to internet from dial-up PPPoE connection that I made through Network and Sharing center. My ISP is BSNL. Since I upgraded to windows 7 some times suddenly I am disconnected from Internet, their is is no redial window, and when I click on network icon near time display (right bottom on taskbar), it shows status as connected under the dial-up connection and shows no internet connection on the network icon, when I click on disconnect nothing happens, and status still shows connected, nothing happens when I right click the connection and select either disconnect or status, but when I click on properties the window open. Even when I try to open Dial-up connection from adapter setting nothing open i.e whole dial-up system hangs.

After all above I have to restart my PC and after windows starts I can connect without any problem.

I have tried following thing but nothing changes
 - Updating modem firmware
 - Connecting through LAN instead of USB
 - Connecting through PPPoE from within the modem
 - Updating all drivers including modem USB
 - Tried resetting LAN/ NDIS USB device (USB Driver)

This never used to happen in XP or Vista, this is really frustrating, usually I go to office keeping my PC connected and ON for downloading and when I return their is nothing downloaded, I have tried google for past 5 days but no help please someone help I don't want to go to Vista or XP.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I suggest you to follow these below steps to set the Always dial my default connection as default.
To do that.
1. OPen Internet Explorer.
2. Click on tools.
3. Select Internet Options.
4. Click n connections tab.
5. make sure the option "Always dial my default connection" is selected.
If it's not set, the PC is confused as it had been using a LAN and now you're trying to use dial-up.

Try To disable IPv6 check the article mentioned below.

How to disable certain Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) components in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Thanks and Regards:

I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 2,119 Applies to: