Ran into problems today. Was playing an old game when system got hung up. Rebooted Windows 7 Pro and couldn't reboot. Ran Startup Repair and got message saying "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically"
Error message was "Boot manager is corrupt or missing"
Other info: repair action: file repair
Result: error code 0x15
Time taken: 0 ms
I found a posting with a similar problem for Windows Vista but am not sure the same fix would work for Windows 7. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Method 3: See if you can boot the computer to Last Known Good configuration by following the steps below.
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer by clicking the Start button , clicking the arrow next to the Shut Down button , and then clicking Restart.
2. Do one of the following:
· If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by shutting down and restarting
· If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter.
4. If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to start by using Last Known Good Configuration, and then press Enter. Windows will then resume starting normally.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
3 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.