Bluetooth Security Tag On Login Screen

Hi,

I have just installed a Bluetooth adapter on my PC to connect to a soundbar (Windows 10 64bit), but whilst it works fine, I am getting a Bluetooth Security Tag on my login screen, which I wish to disable. I read somewhere to uninstall 'CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack' and that will solve it?

My question is, will my Bluetooth adapter still work without it? (otherwise why would the software install it)?

many thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me. 

1. May I know the make and model of your system?

2. Did the Bluetooth adapter come with the installation disk for the ‘CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack’?

Please check with the methods below and see if it works out for you.

Method 1:

If you manually installed the ‘CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack’, I would suggest you to set its four services to manual and stop it to check if it works out for you. You can do that by following the steps below.

1. Click on the ‘Windows’ icon at the bottom left corner of your screen and type in ‘Administrative tools’.

2. Click on ‘Component Services’ and then ‘Services’.

3. You should be able to find the services for ‘CSR’. Set those services to manual by double-clicking on them and changing the startup type.

4. Reboot the system and check if this fixed the issue for you.

If the issue persists, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2:

Usually Bluetooth adapters are plug and play devices. If you haven’t paid for this software or it did not come with the Bluetooth adapter, as a troubleshooting step, I would recommend you to uninstall the application and you should still be able to connect to Bluetooth.

You can follow the steps under ‘Remove in Settings’ in ‘Repair or remove programs in Windows 10’ and check if it works out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 385 Applies to: