Bluetooth Not Showing in Device Manager

I have an updated version of Windows 10 with an Asus Rog-Strix z390 motherboard that is bluetooth compatible.  (Bluetooth was working a month ago no problem)

Upon logging into the PC, not having been on for about 30 days, my bluetooth has disappeared. 

Here is what I have done to try and troubleshoot this:

- windows button + R > systems.msc > bluetooth support service > automatic (and restart)

- normal troubleshooting tool:  Says computer is not bluetooth enabled... 

- updating all drivers (using a 3rd party software to make sure I didn't miss anything)

- checking "show hidden devices" in device manager

- made sure motherboard is up-to-date

Thinking I may have a bunk motherboard? 

Any suggestions welcome!!!

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to find Bluetooth on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1.     Do you see any hidden device for Bluetooth in Device Manager?

2.     Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

3.     Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to try downloading the Bluetooth drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and install them.

You may also want to check if there is any BIOS update available for the motherboard. However, we recommend that you check with your motherboard manufacturer regarding BIOS update.

NoteModifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2023 Views 661 Applies to: