Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect if sound is not actively playing

Hello,

I have a pair of jlab jbuds that used to use with my old laptop, a 2 year old Dell, with no problem whatsoever. I recently bought a brand new ASUS computer, and now those same headphones cannot stop disconnecting and reconnecting whenever there isn't any sound actively playing. 

I have tried:

• restarting my computer
  • updating windows
  • deleting and redownloading the bluetooth driver
  • turning power saving settings off on my bluetooth settings
  • disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones
  • running the troubleshooter

None of these seem to work at all. Worth noting: because this is a new laptop, there is no "old" driver to "revert"  to - this has been a problem since I opened the box. My computer is set to work with Bluetooth 5.1, my headphones are Bluetooth 5.0. Worth noting that I have a much older pair of Bluetooth headphones set to work with Bluetooth 3, and they do not have this problem. Only my newer pair of headphones with Bluetooth 5.0. 

Please help me, this is driving me mad. 

Update: I double checked and the primary difference between my old laptop, where I do not have this problem, and my new laptop, where I DO have this problem, is that they have different Bluetooth adapters. My old laptop has a Qualcomm Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, my new computer has a Realtek Bluetooth 5.0 adapter. Might this be related? Is there anything I can do about it?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2024 Views 1,208 Applies to: