Bluetooth driver not working even after reinstallation

Issue has been solved - pc had to be entirely turned off and disconnected for a small amount of time.

I was playing on my computer when all of a sudden the audio on my bluetooth headphones started acting strange. I decided to restart my computer. When I logged in again, the bluetooth icon was missing from the taskbar, and a yellow error icon had appeared on the driver in device manager. I also have no option to turn bluetooth on or off.

Here is what it looked like in device manager:

As you can see, there is a failure in the driver.

I reinstalled the driver, and restarted my computer multiple times, but the driver still seems faulty.

- I installed the latest driver

- Uninstalling from device manager doesn't fix the issue

Here's what the troubleshooter had to say:

As you can see, the "driver problem" persists. Here is what my task manager looks like right now, with show hidden devices enabled:

Here is what it says when I also try to update the driver:

I'm at a loss on what to do. I've already uninstalled reinstalled the latest and official driver multiple times. Any help is appreciated.

Answer
Answer
Hello ealize,

Thank you for updating me with that information. I apologize that the above methods did not resolve the issue. Possibly the cause of the issue could be the hardware itself but let's try the additional methods below.

Shutdown your computer
Unplug the PC for 30 minutes, then plug it in again and turn on.

If the issue still persists, please try performing a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while your personal files, settings and installed applications will not be affected.

**Few things to check on the PC

1. Back up your personal data and files to an external hard drive, USB thumb drive.
2. Ensure you are signed in or have administrator rights to do a repair install
3. Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting
4. Disable or uninstall any 3rd party Anti-Virus program to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade

Download the media creation tool(Click Download tool now) and save it to your computer.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Open the tool and select Upgrade this PC now.
Make sure to select Keep personal files and apps.
It might take some time to install Windows 10. Your computer will restart a few times, Make sure you don’t turn off your PC

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2024 Views 1,414 Applies to: