• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question
Applies to

Bluescreen ndis.sys windows 7

steve45321 asked on
I just bought a new laptop hp pavilion dv6-2020ev with windows 7 premium home. Out of  nowhere the computer shuts down and restarts showing the blue screen that says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the bottom it says ndis.sys and restart and goes through the process again, again and again...

I could not start safe mode with networking. It does the same thing as above, but I can start in safe mode and here are the problem details.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 11273

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800205F5D6
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102409-22323-01.dmp
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31434-0.sysdata.xml

Please help, I want to enjoy my new laptop!!!
115 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Lava K replied on

Hi steve45321,  

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Community site.  

This issue is mainly caused by the driver error which is installed for your LAN CARD / NIC (Network card)
The issue can be resolved by downloading and installing the latest drivers for the NIC from the manufacture’s website.  

Note: You might need to download the latest drivers in a different computer and install it in the computer where the issue is present, and you must boot to desktop with Safe Mode Option and install the latest drivers for the NIC 

Reference Link for how boot to desktop in Safe Mode.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Let me know if this worked.
Hope this is helpful. 

Regards,
Vijay K - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress