Question

Q: Blue Screen STOP error 0x0000008E This thread is locked from future replies

I have a big problem with my PC, is started with BSOD and the code 0x0000008E.

Sometimes, when it reboots I get the message

'The Group Policy Client service failed to logon

The media is write protected'

I have read that I may have an issue with the RAM on my machine so ran Memtest which highlighted some errors and then went crazy searching memory between 4095mb and 4607mb when my PC only has 4095mb of RAM - it reported over 6 million errors before I gave up.

Can anyone help? This started about 2 weeks ago. My equipment is all quite recent.

Thanks

Brett

SYSTEM: HP Pavilion Elite running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, AMD Phenom 9500 2.20 GHz Quad-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB Onboard Hard Drive. Media stored on a WD World Edition 2TB Network Hard Drive and accessed via Devolo dLAN 200mbps AVeasy Home-Plugs from Xbox 360 Elite and WDTV Live HD Media Players.

Answer

A:

Hi,

Re-installing Windows might help though I suspect hardware, such as memory, might
be involved. Only way to know it that solves all the issues is to try it.

Hope this helps.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Hi,

New memory is a good step. There is no assurance that memory is the only issue
and you may still need to reinstall Windows. Certainly changing the memory would
be a step I would try if possible.

When troubleshooting complex issues there are no guarantees so all you can do it
take the logical steps needed to try to solve the issues and see where those lead.

Hope this helps.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 38689 Last updated: February 17, 2018 Applies to: