Blue Screen of Death Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

This problem has been plaguing me for a horrible amount of time, and I honestly don't know how many times my computer has crashed because of this.

I had no issues, until I tried to transfer all of my hard drive data from one hard drive to the next, but windows didn't let me. All in all, I end up formatting the hard drive I want Windows on, and I install a ISO to a USB to install windows on the hard drive. Unfortunately, ever since I've done this, I constantly get Blue Screen of Death Errors all of the time. Most of the time, I get a KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE but i've gotten other BSOD errors, but all of them tell me that I have outdated drivers, or my computer can't process a certain task. I update my drivers, still get the error. I make sure my Windows is up to date, still get the errors. I try doing a fresh windows install, still get the errors. I try formatting both my hard drives and doing a fresh install of windows, still get the error. I do a System File Checker Scan, it says everything is fine, but I still get the errors. I try the DISM cleanup-image command (both scanhealth and restorehealth), everything comes back as normal and healthy, still get the error. I try updating my hard drive's drivers, either I can't update them, or I do, and I think it works, but alas, my computer ends up with the error again.

The only program I THINK is causing this issue is Steam. I have Steam installed on my computer, and I've been redownloading a lot of my games (because I had to format my hard drive) this might increase the load on my computer and it might run into an error or something. The only problem, however, is that I've never had this issue before in my entire life with computers, and the BSOD only comes up as a slight annoyance until now, which comes up so often I can't use my computer in some cases.

I looked into my event viewer, and the source is Kernel Power, with the level being critical. It shows the date and times that my computer BSOD...

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please let me know immediately. Please, and thank you for helping me. I will seriously appreciate it immensely.

The SFC Scan (just scanned while typing this): 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi CheesyDoritoCat

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

What is the exact make and model?

Open Start, type: system information
Hit Enter
Click System summary
Look in the right pane

Copy the system sku info into reply here.

See example: https://imgur.com/qzektpA

If its custom built, what is the make and model of the motherboard?
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Andre!

Here is the specs, and I do have a custom build:

Thank you for replying so quickly!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It appears this system is not certified compatible with Windows 10. All the drivers pre-date Windows 10.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-U...

As future Windows 10 feature updates are released it will introduce an incompatibility with older devices and PC's. Certain components will not support these changes as observed by some users not seeing transparency anymore. Recommendations include: rollback, block the upgrade or consider upgrading components in your system such as graphics, storage, BIOS, motherboard or purchase a new Windows 10 PC.

If you need help with downgrading to the original working version of Windows you had prior to upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I see, I didn't even consider that.

Thank you, my system did work previously with the same motherboard with Windows 10, maybe it was a different version. I don't know what version this was, what should I do then? I will buy a new motherboard soon, though, in that case.

But seriously, thank you. This is a very good lesson for me, as an amateur, uh, computer... part picker.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not a problem at all. You could always try downgrading to an earlier version of Windows 10 to see if that works.

Step 1: Go to another working computer with Internet access, download Windows 10 1709 from the following link:
https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Choose the following:

- Windows Final
- Windows 10, version 1709
- Windows 10 Pro + Home
- English
- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)

Step 2: create a bootable copy
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Step 4: how to recover your files from Windows.old:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 again. See instructions how to block it:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Quick question:

There isn't an option for Windows 10 Pro + Home for version 1709, is that ok? If not what do I select?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi CheesyDoritoCat

BSOD's are generally caused by a corrupt or incompatible device driver, to diagnose the underlying issue, I need to analyse your Mini-dump file(s):

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy any minidump files onto your Desktop, then zip those up

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.), then choose to share those and get a share link

Then post the link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dave!

It took a while to respond, but here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5dotwarvjm09ea/Minidump.zip?dl=0

I had my question answered, but I wanna see if there is a different response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Its already included in the build 16299. If you don't see 16299 listed, then download 1607 14393 in the list box.

Here is an example:
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've installed 1703, a slightly older version, and looking if that works. The problem, is that there are security updates Windows wants me to install, however, I don't want it to accidentally install drivers that my computer doesn't support. I've done the show or hide updates wizard, but I don't know what updates to select so that my computer doesn't update to a newer Windows 10

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2020 Views 371 Applies to: