Blue screen occurs constantly, which is originally triggered by unplugging an HDMI-to-USBc adaptor

A first blue screen occurred 4 months ago, when I had a monitor connected to my laptop by an HDMI-to-USBc adaptor and I directly unplug the adaptor to disconnect the monitor. I didn't realize it would be a big problem so I kept unplugging the adaptor to disconnect the monitor, until recently the blue screen began occurring more and more often. Now it occurs almost every 2 minutes after it reboots, DRIVING ME CRAZY. I updated all drivers and it didn't help. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it didn't help at all. I took my laptop to several local repair stores and nobody could figure out.

Could anyone PLEASE help me out?

Specs:

Huawei matebook pro X

Windows 10 x64

Intel i7 8th gen

16 GB of DDR4

My issue could be similar to this case  and I tried a lot of things but I just couldn't figure out how to solve this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-network-adapter-causing-blue-screen/f5ac2dab-054e-405b-83fa-fe5cf87229f6

Hi KaikaiL, I am Rob, an independent and a 15 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers. If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

By your description and that the issue remained after performing a clean install there is little doubt that you have a hardware problem. It does sound like it is in the video device (likely on the motherboard so not easily replaceable) though it could be other motherboard problems or other hardware issues, even a defective port. Of course, you can't fix hardware with software methods.

Try removing ALL power (including the battery) then reseat the memory and SSD/hard drive if possible. Actually, take them out and put them back in. That is not possible on a lot of newer laptops as the memory and drive (and other components) may be soldered in place.

If that does not help them you will need help from Huawei's Support or that of a real computer shop (one that does its own in-shop service on Huawei notebooks).
Is the unit still under any of the manufacturer's warranties?

Check with Huawei Support and Community
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/?fromC...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

Please realize that I have worked on many many thousands of BSOD issues and I am fully aware of both hardware and software troubleshooting methodology. So I am very sorry bad news, however, there really is no way to troubleshoot the hardware on a laptop that is so unstable. And even if you could figure out what hardware it was there is not much chance anyone could fix it in the home environment.

Here to help,

Rob

------
Standard Disclaimer: Those may be non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2023 Views 860 Applies to: