I'm getting a blue screen in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit in dxgmms1.sys which seems to be a DirectX related file. I have a memory dump for the crash but I can't find any way to submit it or report it to Microsoft. What can I do to resolve this problem?
Update your video card drivers. Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc Advisor or System Information for Windows.
Or if you installed the latest Nvidia drivers, uninstall them and install the older ones that worked. Nvidia keeps an archive of older drivers. I don't know if ATI does. I don't see anything offhand but someone else who has an ATI card might know.
MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!