Blue Screen 0x0000007E Cannot boot to safe mode at all

Hi

I have posted here before but no one seems to be able to help me solve my problem.  I Cannot boot in safe mode and keep getting BSOD, I can how ever boot in normal mode fine, and all is ok.

What i have done

1: Scanned with all the anti virus/ malware programs I can download-- Computer is clean now  but has removed a virus ramnit A previously.

2: Tryed to replace safeboot key-- dosnt work

3: Tryed to take out all the ram, and re-install 1 at a time- dosnt work

4: Completley uninstalled ne frame work, and reinstalled-- Success, but will not update to netframe work 4 or ie8 ,  keeps failing

5: Tryed to get it to mini dump, failed as it only bsod in safe mode so no record of the event is stored !!!

6: Only clue to the problem is in the text--- 0x0000007E( 0xc0000005- 0xf7590211, 0xf78da700, 0xf78da3fc)  Any ideas ??

7: Event viewer does not have any clues, printed in last post if you need to see.

8: Uninstalled some programs in an attempt to find the problem including speedfan -- Failed

9: Ran SFc SCannow to reapir windows files, but asks for windows xp pro disk 2 half way through, so does not complete properley !!

10:  Ran chdsk on start up- no errors

11: Deleted some of the drivers as suggested previously including joysick side winder driver, which just reinstalls automatically anyway -- Failed

12: Pulled all my hair out trying to fix the problem, but no luck ARRR

I have now recently discovered that directory service repair mode Boots in to what it calls safe mode just fine !! WHy does directory services mode work, normal mode work, but safe mode fail ? 

Whats the difference between safe mode and directory repair mode in advance start up, both seem to load the same set of drivers bar DMload.sys that loads in safemode, but not directory repair mode ?

Any help would be much appreciated, especially finding out what the coded error means. 

Thanks

HotRock

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2018 Views 6,744 Applies to:
Answer
Yes, I am highly self-educated in networking and do not ever rely on script-kiddie functionality. Everything I do is manual, always done by hand and custom crafted to what I need to do to fit the given situation.

It didn't seem like you were interested in advice before and only tried to mitigate it to suit what you wanted, as if it was given with some form of malice. Of course it was not.

Anyhow, we can try again. Once you have a clean Windows installed after using Killdisk, then only use Firefox as your browser. Set it default for Windows for all it can handle.

Install the following add-ons:

1) BetterPrivacy - and set it so it deletes all LSOs every time Firefox is closed
2) Ghostery - and update its definitions to latest - you can hide its functions so it always runs it the background and no popups seen
3) GoogleEnhancer - disable stuff with it such as scripting
4) HTTPS Everywhere
5) NightlyTesterTools so if you use a beta Firefox, all plugins will still work
6) NoScript - this will take a week or so of use to get it fully customized to all the sites you normally visit which you are sure can be trusted
7) Trueblock Plus and add the definitions you want to it based on premade lists
8) UserAgentSwitcher - To set your browser to look like it is anything else at servers you visit - Google to find out how to keep it that way for every time you open Firefox
9) Use Tor + Vidalia + Privoxy as much as possible - this is kind of hard for most because it can be slow, but I have a custom list I use built up over many years of use that keeps all slow servers out of my Tor chain.

If you are going to install an antivirus, then I recommend MSE because of how good it is and the fact that it can never bsod any machine ever - the only one like this.

Use Ccleaner whenever you think of it, as much as you want.

If you download from shady sites or torrents, scan with Malwarebytes first before opening.
If unsure, upload to http://jotti.org to check.

In your router, disable UPnP, gaming mode and all VPN-type abilities (unless you use that.)
Make sure the admin password is a good, secure one. Disable WAN side ping and all incoming NetBios ports.

Change the default ip address of the router to something else and if wireless, hide the SID so if anyone attempts to hack it, they at least have to smart enough to use a Linux variant. Use WPA2 w/ AES encryption, also with a strong passkey set. Enable rules that better secure everything over default settings.

-----------------------------

I don't need to tell you about my personal machines as I have no problems on them and I am not the one requesting help here.

Best of luck with following the advice as well as I hope you will.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

I now have 2 identical hard drives, so decided to try repair on one of them. Repair worked and I can now boot in to windows, Safe mode, and the recovery console from this repaired version of xp. Of course none of the programs work, I have not updated it and its going to be a big mission to get it back working how it should.

Is it possible to copy some of the files from the now working windows xp sp1 to my newer hdd which does not boot in safe mode or recovery console and is xp sp3 ?

If so which files should I try ? Could I copy the registry ?  or the system32 folder, or the driver folder ?

Yikes.

At this point, I am inclined to agree with TorrentG's suggestion.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.